Thursday, December 29, 2016

Works in Progress: More of 2016

Welcome back! I'm continuing to review what I accomplished over the past year in my quilting...it's more than I thought!

In this post I'll cover the projects that made it to the top/flimsy stage that were not scraps...eight in all! There are quite a few more projects that I am still working on, so I set the limit of it needed to at least be sewn into a top.

I started the year by taking a fun workshop with my local quilt guild called the sawtooth star...I've seen it by several other names on Pinterest. This is a fun method because you don't have to worry about losing points as you stitch things together!

Sawtooth Star

Later in the year, I actually led a workshop myself! I used this tutorial to teach my guild members how to make the Hunter's Star block, and this quilt and pillow were some of my samples.

Scrappy Hunter's Star

Hunter's Star Pillow

During the summer, I participated in the Summer Solstice Quilt-along with Melissa at Happy Quilting. I loved the pattern and the pace of the QAL, and the color choices of the other participants was so fantastic!

Summer Solstice QAL

I'm trying to venture out of my bubble a bit...and I made up my own pattern for a pillow! I'm calling it the Positive Symmetry Pillow, and I'll be writing up a tutorial for you to make your own and publishing it in January, wish me luck!

WhatsNextMa: Positive Symmetry Pillow

Throughout the entire year, I've been participating in a Saturday Sampler through what was my local quilt store when I lived in Albuquerque, New Mexico. (If you are driving through on I-40, be sure to stop by Busy Bee Quilts in Edgewood...they are fantastic!) I chose the Southwest colorway, because I'm a sucker for turquoise.

Southwest Saturday Sampler Quilt

And right at Christmastime I was introduced to the A Little Bit Shorter Tall Tree wall quilt pattern...so I started two with big plans to get them finished and off to the intended recipients...it's a good thing Christmas comes every year, lol!

Tall tree wall quilt #1

Tall tree wall quilt #2

And that's it for today! Not bad progress for a fairly new quilter, right?

Linking up to Busy Hands Quilts: Finished or Not Friday

Thanks for stopping by,

Meredith


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate each and every one. Have a lovely day, and thank you for stopping by!