Tuesday, January 31, 2017

One Monthly Goal: January, Finished!

I did it! Having the accountability of the One Monthly Goal linkup at Elm Street Quilts really worked! 

Because I published the goal on my blog and linked up, I was inspired to pull out this quilt in the last couple days of January and finish it up, I'm so pleased!

Rainbow Baby Quilt
 What a beauty! I quilted it with my walking foot and a serpentine stitch. Just simple lines along the seams and in the middle of each block to form about two inch squares.



And I made a scrappy binding with fabrics that were used in the blocks...they were hanging out in my 2.5" scrap bin.





The backing is just as wild in color as the front! I had thought about using a black and white print, but then just decided to go for it! This quilt will be given to a baby born in the Florida Keys, so I thought the fish would be just perfect!


I can hardly wait to wash this one up and see it in its crinkly goodness!

I'm glad for the push having the One Monthly Goal gave me, and look forward to seeing what I accomplish next month!

Thanks for stopping by,

Meredith

Linking up with Elm Street Quilts: One Monthly Goal January Finishes
and
CapitolaQuilter: 2017FALQ1 Finishes from my Goal Post here





4 comments:

  1. What a fun quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love all the different fabrics - it looks like each square is unique? And the fish were a great choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I raided my scrap bin and only used one of any fabric in the colors I wanted...100 in all!

      Delete
  3. What a fun and bright baby quilt ! I really have to try the serpentine stitch quilting. Thanks for participating in the 2017 FAL, visiting on behalf of the 2017 FAL cheerleading team.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate each and every one. Have a lovely day, and thank you for stopping by!